Editorial Team Note: Bout time someone made a stand. It’s to the point where people are afraid to speak. It has to STOP and these parents know how to turn up the heat!
Houston MassResistance parents confront the library – on the way to “Drag Queen Story Hour” victory
Fearlessly turning up the heat!
Rabid LGBT activists, corrupt library officials, and even police try to stop parents.
February 27, 2019
Part 2 of 3
(Caution: Some explicit language below.)
As we reported in Part 1, several pro-family groups had been battling the harmful “Drag Queen Story Hour” (DQSH) event in Houston, Texas since July 2018. In November 2018, Houston MassResistance parents jumped into the fight by directly confronting the city council and mayor during the public comment section at their meetings. After a three-month battle, Houston MassResistance played a major part in forcing the “Drag Queen Story Hour” to move out of the Houston Public Library.
But a big part of that was also taking the fight right to the library itself! This was probably the most stressful part of it. But it had to be done, and the Houston MassResistance parents were not backing down!
As we’ve described, in Houston, Texas, the “Drag Queen Story Hour” (DQSH) in the public library – targeting young children with transgender and homosexual propaganda – is among the most depraved and aggressive in the country. Trying to stop it means going up against the Houston City Council, library officials, and the militant LGBT movement in that city. It’s not a fight for weaklings!
Protesting outside the “Drag Queen” events
Last fall, Houston MassResistance joined other groups protesting outside of the monthly “Drag Queen Story Hour” events. They first showed up in October, then stepped up their presence in November and December.
A full-court press on the Houston Public Library!
Those protests were just the beginning. Houston MassResistance launched a range of activities taking on the library and the event. The more our people got involved, the more sleaze, dishonesty, and corruption they found surrounding this.
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. Houston MassResistance submitted several FOIA requests to the library and the City of Houston, for documents relating to the DQSH event. All were either outright refused or diverted to a lengthy state-level bureaucratic process that rarely gets resolved. We are continuing to press this with public officials.
- Request for alternative children’s Bible story event.Houston MassResistance filed paperwork to request to hold a Bible story reading event for children at the Houston Public Library. It was denied. We were told that “no religious content is allowed” in library events. We are continuing to demand that this be allowed. Their blatant anti-Christian animus cannot be tolerated.
- Heavy police presence (at taxpayer expense). As many as a dozen Houston police officers began showing up to guard the Drag Queen event – even though the mayor repeatedly stated that no public money was being used for it. Houston MassResistance is insisting that they follow the American Library Association policy (which they cling to in other situations) – that events must pay for their own security.
- Ban on taking video and photographing the event. The library had previously had no problem allowing people to photograph and video the “Drag Queen” events. (We have photographic evidence of that!) But when they noticed that pro-family people were doing it, they suddenly came up with an “official rule” prohibiting it. Since then, Houston MassResistance parents have come in – blending in as “supporters” – and done it anyway, as much as possible. Not surprisingly, “gay” publications continue to get photos from inside the events.
- Viciously banning conservative press from covering the event. A local conservative talk-show host (who even has White House press credentials!) was ejected for taking video of the drag queens during the event. When he came back the following month, the police arrested him as he entered the door of the library. Later, in the police car, they confiscated his handgun – even though he had broken no laws and was not subsequently charged with any crime. This has brought the local gun lobby people to start getting involved with the DQSH library protests!
Last week another pro-family reporter asked the library for permission to come and cover the event. This is what she received back by email:
If you are working on a news story, can you please provide us with the following information:
- with which news organization are you affiliated,
- the topic of your news story,
- where it will be published and/or aired
- when it is expected to be published and/or aired
Any photography or video that is needed for your news story will require a HPL Communications team member on-site, who will request for media credentials and individual customers’ consent to be interviewed and/or photographed/video taped for media purposes.
In other words, the library wants to decide which media is “appropriate” and which isn’t. This requirement by a public body is outrageous by any standard (and likely unconstitutional)! Houston MassResistance is pushing back on this very hard!
- Restricting access to the event. All DQSH events – and all other library events – had always been open to the public on a first-come first-served basis (until the room was full). In February, they announced that the library will now issue tickets to people they decide to allow – and keep everyone else out! Houston MassResistance is pushing back hard on this, also.
- And more. The library is breaking their own rules on a range of other critical issues relating to the DQSH event – which we will describe in in Part 3 of this series.
LGBT activists converge at library to intimidate the parents
We continue to ask: Why is it that these adults (mostly without children of their own) are so powerfully obsessed with pushing their LGBT propaganda on other people’s children? It’s pretty scary to think about. The national LGBT movement puts enormous resources and energy into these kinds of programs.
When word got out that Houston MassResistance would be joining the protests outside the library, a vicious army of LGBT activists began showing up to intimidate our people.
It also appeared that some of these people were part of Antifa-like domestic terrorist groups. But Houston MassResistance and the other pro-family people didn’t back down a bit.
How did they know that we would be there? One of them admitted that the library officials had contacted them and asked them to organize and come! The LGBT activists were even given a permit to counter-protest on library property, while pro-family people had to stand on the sidewalk or on the side of the street.
Some of the pro-LGBT activists even got young children involved the protests. And of course, note their recurring theme of “hate” – meaning that they can’t defend their actions in any other way, so they are reduced to name-calling.
The LGBT activists (and drag queens themselves) also stepped up their social media attacks. However, that’s what revealed the most about them!
But despite all this, ultimately we got our message out loud and clear! They hated it!
Finally, in February 2019, there was another round of strong public testimony at the Houston City Council meeting. Our people presented them with even more horrific information about the Drag Queen event and how it’s being run. After that, we found out that the authorities had finally backed down. The monthly Drag Queen event was being moved from the Houston Public Library to a nearby “gay” church. In Part 3 we’ll describe exactly what we did in February to make that happen!
Part 3: How the city council and library finally caved – and what comes next.